Jo Shu I

Monday, June 19, 2006

Sleepless Night

I've been to a colleague gathering on this Saturday visiting one of them's home in Tseung Kwan O and having fun at her clubhouse and seafood dinner in Sai Kung...

She lives with her young husband in a new and decent estate... when I and the colleagues were playing around there, I was thinking when I can have such a living place on my own, especially, at this juncture where I am going to start a new job soon...

I got a week to go before I will leave my current office and move to another firm and starting another stage of my career, I am nervous...

I know for I am to have a decent life I must work hard and work successfully... but how?

I am worried whether I can work properly...
and I am also concerned whether I can develop well there... it is a bigger firm but may be not one that I can spend the rest of my working life with...

So I am thinking how should I walk down the road... taking which kind of attitude... and how to adjust my behaviour...

Should I, in addition to the files, commit myself to the bosses and grow with the new firm or should I take it as a stepping stone for moving into a much bigger firm a few years later??

I remind myself of the Chinese 諺語 that "坐這山, 望那山, 一事無成"....

so may be I should focus on securing my position there first
keep excelling my skills and knowledges, broadening my practice and developing my cliente in the meantime...

and leave the decision to be made when the chances arise....

1 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Simon said…

    You are the future of the LAW in Hong Kong and so, don't worry be happy! I also believe that you can handle well with your new job! Take it easy! As easy as you seeing me!~~~(hohoo...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home